« Home | Weekend roundup » | Friday Run » | You know I love to dance! » | Nightly stretch » | Friday run » | Changes are afootIf I can figure this out..... » 

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 

V-Day

Tonight on my run I was thinking how it's a personal victory to be running at all. Six months ago I was lying on the floor like a dead bug with an ice pack as a my closest friend. I started to think about the victories that inspired me tonight out pounding the pavement. Crossing the finish line after running a full 10k. NieNie, who last week sat up for the first time after her airplane accident three months ago. Who survived having 83% of her body burned and beat all the odds. I thought about the long run she has in front of her. I thought about my family members who fought for victories in the world wars and they are the reason I run freely on Canadian soil. And, of course, I thought of Barack Obama who will be making a victory speech tonight after the biggest race of his career, whose victory is shared tonight with millions of people. Americans, and Canadians, here in their living rooms.

Claire's walkabout is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health